Technology has undoubtedly changed how we connect and communicate with people globally. Just a decade ago, the communication technologies that are predominantly used now, were not even present or in their initial developmental phases. Who would have through that the basic mobile phone will evolve into an indispensable complex computing and communication device. Well we cannot imagine our daily lives without smartphones and the applications that make our life easier. WhatsApp is one of the most popular communication applications in use globally. As of February 2016, 1 billion people were using WhatsApp. That means that 1 out of every 7 people on the planet make use of the app. The number is astounding and the goal is to get the rest of the 6 billion on board too.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging app. It started off as texting app but over the years the developers have added many functions that make it one of the best messaging apps in the market. WhatsApp not only allows you to share texts but a variety of multimedia content. This includes pictures, GIF’s, audio messages and videos as well. So the possibilities are endless. The best thing about the app is that it it absolutely free and there are no pro versions. Everyone gets the same amazing features. Share quick updates with anyone on the go. You just need an internet connection to stay connected with your network members.
WhatsApp Messenger came out in 2009 and now it has become a cultural phenomenon like Facebook. Share as many pictures and videos as you want, there is no data limit or restriction. As privacy is a major concern among users these days with this in mind WhatsApp encrypts all data sent and received. In other words, it will not share your data with anyone. This is an additional factor that gives this platform an edge over its competitors. The developing team always looks at what is popular and how they can add more value for their users. With the recent update, the messenger now lets you add stickers, drawings and doodles on your picture. It is a great way to improve engagement and create some interesting photos that make your day. In addition, add in some quirky emojis and let the fun begin.
- Related: Download WhatsApp Video Call for PC
Another feature that makes WhatsApp so popular is ability to create Groups. Make different groups for different purpose and start communicating. You have the ability to add in 255 people. People are using the groups not only to stay connected with friends but also for promotion of their business. Make a group, add in people who are interested in the products and services you are selling, and just get going, it is as easy as that. It is important to realize that this feature is promoting small business by providing them with a one-to-one connection. Along with that anyone can use the platform to educate and engage with community members. The application also allows you to make free phone calls. Call anyone, anytime. There are no charges even for international calls. What more can one need.
WhatsApp is not a simple messaging app but a platform that encourages global connectivity. Along with that, it is up to you, how you redefine its functionality. Customize wallpapers for anyone, change your status and profile photo anytime and let people know what you are up to. Furthermore, the popularity of the application can be judged by content shared everyday. Users share more than 600 million pictures and 64 billion messages everyday. Phone calls are not far behind, 100 million calls are made daily. WhatsApp provides you with multiple choices.
You know you can even download WhatsApp for PC on your computer systems as well. Why should our handheld devices have all the fun. WhatsApp for PC can be installed on Desktop PCs/Laptops running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or MacOS/OS X. To ensure that you always stay connected no matter where you go, get an emulator like Andy OS, BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2. Follow the given steps, the downloading and installation of WhatsApp for PC will take a few minutes. In the meanwhile plan which photo or video will you be sharing with your loved ones. Messaging was never this fun!!
Download WhatsApp for PC on Windows and MacOS/OS X
Method# 1: Download/Use WhatsApp for PC via WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop Application
- Either download WhatsApp desktop application or open WhatsApp Web page online.
- Make sure that you have WhatsApp installed on your phone.
- After installing the WhatsApp application or opening the WhatsApp Web page, open WhatsApp on your phone and tap the options key on top right corner.
- Tap WhatsApp Web and scan the QR code shown on the screen of your computer.
- WhatsApp desktop or Web will now start WhatsApp for PC. That’s all.
Method# 2: Download WhatsApp for PC using BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2
- Download WhatsApp latest APK file.
- Double click the downloaded APK file and BlueStacks will automatically start installing it.
- For BlueStacks 2, you can also click the APK button in the middle of the toolbar on the left side > locate the APK file and select it to install it.
- Once installed, it will appear under All Apps, for BlueStacks 2 it will appear under Android tab > All Apps.
- Open newly installed WhatsApp Messenger from the All Apps menu now.
- In WhatsApp, enter your phone number which is not registered on WhatsApp previously.
- After entering the phone number, wait for the verification code on your phone. Once you get the text, enter that verification code on your Android emulator.
- Once the verification process is done, you are free to use the all new WhatsApp with Video Calling feature for PC. That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download DiskDigger photo recovery for PC and Laptop - April 24, 2017
- Download Trickpics for PC on Windows and Mac - April 24, 2017
- Download Cross Stitch for PC (Windows and Mac) - April 23, 2017