Android and iOS are the two most popular and widely used mobile operating systems in the world. Apple’s iOS only runs on a select number of devices which may include Apple’s iPod, iPad or iPhone(s). On the other hand Google’s Android runs on 24,000 different kind of devices. Android currently runs on almost 1.5 billion devices all around the world. Users love to have an Android device around them. Be it a smartphone, a navigation panel of a car, a washing machine or any such gadget, you will find Android on it making it cool. Android’s Google Play Store has got over 2.5 Million applications which include hundreds of thousands of games, productivity applications, tools and utilities. On the other hand, Apple’s iOS store has also got near 2Million applications in its store. Now there are applications and games which are exclusively available for iOS and Android platform and are not available for Windows or Mac OS X. One would want to play an Android / iOS game or use an Android / iOS application on a Windows powered computer or a Mac OS X device but the platform issues might make an application incompatible.
To entertain the Android/iOS users with the mobile games and applications on desktop PCs and laptops, emulators were built. Since Android is an open source operating system, it was easy for the developers to emulate Android while iOS doesn’t allow any such thing. If you can emulate Android on a PC, that means you can also run iOS apps and games because an application that is available for iOS is likely available for Android as well and you’re going to get it easily in the Google Play Store.
Out of so many Android emulators, the only best, working and efficient Android emulator is BlueStacks. BlueStacks is a free Android emulator available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 desktop PCs / Laptops and also Mac OS X iMacs and Macbooks. BlueStacks works with all Android applications and games. BlueStacks also allows you to set your custom controls for particular games. It is now easier to experience your desired Android apps and games on a computer now.
BlueStack’s experience is just like an Android device. Once you’ve installed BlueStacks, you can control it and use it just as you would use an Android tablet. You can customise and personalize BlueStacks using BlueStacks settings. BlueStacks allows the users to access Google Play Store using which they can bring all their favorite apps into their PC. If only taking your Android experience to your PC is not enough of a reason for you to give a try to an Android emulator or play Apps for PC, you might want to have a look on a number of reasons that we have compiled to convince you to install and run Apps for PC. These are:
- Don’t have an Android or iOS device and want to play a game that is exclusively available for the aforementioned platforms? TechAppsPC has the guides to help you play all those games without an Android/iOS phone on your computer using BlueStacks.
- You might have compatibility issue between a certain application/game and your Android device. With BlueStacks, you will not have any such issues. BlueStacks is likely compatible with all apps and games available in the Google Play Store.
- Can’t install a new game on your Android phone or tablet because of storage issues? Don’t worry! Try BlueStacks, it won’t make the storage a hurdle for you to play a game.
- Is your Android device’s screen to small to enjoy the HD graphics of a cool game? Well, you can play it on a bigger screen using an emulator like BlueStacks.
I hope that you’ve understood the purpose of Android emulators really well now. If you’re willing to install BlueStacks now then we are all set to go through the installation procedure of how to install BlueStacks and also learn how to run Apps for PC via BlueStacks. We will also have a look on how to install Apps for PC APK files in BlueStacks. Let’s have a look on all the procedures one by one.
RAM: 2 GB
Disk Space: 4 GB
Direct X 9.0 or higher for Windows: Download
.Net Framework 3.5 or higher for Windows: Download
Compatible OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OS X
How to install BlueStacks on Windows or Mac
- Connect your laptop or desktop PC to the internet.
- Now download BlueStacks setup according to your operating system: Windows | Mac OS X
- Run the downloaded setup now and follow on-screen instructions to navigate through app store access, select installation location and then proceed with the installation.
- Wait for a few minutes while BlueStacks installation finishes.
- After finishing the installation, BlueStacks will begin to download some important game data. Let BlueStacks finalise everything.
- In a few minutes, you will be able to see the BlueStacks home screen.
- BlueStack’s homescreen will have different panels of application. The very first row with “All Apps” button in the end has all the applications that are installed in your BlueStacks.
- The very first button in the very first row is “Search”. Using search you can look for an application in the Google Play Store or in the BlueStacks.
Setting up Google Play Store in BlueStacks and running Apps and Games
- Although you can install applications from the main screen, but we will have to setup Google Play Store for accessing all the applications that are available for Android.
- To setup Google Play, we will have to setup a Google Account. To do so, navigate to the BlueStacks main screen and click on “All Apps” in the first row.
- Now in All Apps click on BlueStacks Settings.
- In BlueStacks Settings click on Manage Accounts > Google.
- Now once again follow the on-screen instructions and add a Google Account. If you already have an existing account, you will click the existing account button if you don’t have an account then you will set up a new account.
- Add your Google account to setup your Google Play Store and get back to the homepage.
- Now click on any application in the suggestions on main BlueStacks screen or search for any application using the search button and then click Google Play Store.
- Once you try to install an application, BlueStacks will bring a pop up to setup and enable Account Sync to open Google Play Store. Set it up and start installing apps.
- Once an application or game has been installed, it will appear under “All Apps”. Start playing and have fun!
How to install Apps for PC APK files in BlueStacks
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed and setup Google Play Store on your computer.
- Download the APK file of your desired application or game.
- Double click the downloaded APK file, it will begin installation via BlueStacks.
- Once installed, it will appear under “All Apps” tab in BlueStacks.
- Open the application/game and start playing it using on-screen instructions.
How to fix App Sync Error “Enter Your Email Address” in BlueStacks
- Just in case you face an error while enabling Account Sync, you will have to follow these instructions to setup and enable Account Sync in BlueStacks.
- When you’re stuck with the “Enter our email address” message, you have to click on “Create Account” option below the login screen.
- A new account setup will appear, but you don’t have to create a new account here. Click on “Sign In” button in the top right corner.
- Clicking the “Sign In” option will give you the email input option now which wasn’t appearing before. Enter your email and password now to enable App Sync. Once done, it will give you the access to Google Play Store. That’s all 🙂
That’s all from us for now guys. Need some help? Be blunt to reach us out through the comment box or our contact us page!