VPN applications are handy when you need to surf the internet anonymously. Thousands of VPN applications are available for all operating systems. One of the well-known applications on the Android platform is the Shadowsocks. Shadowsocks happens to be a socks5 proxy. Shadowsocks makes the minimum use of the resources on your device and gives you an extremely smooth surfing experience. It’s an open source application and it does keep improving every other day. Shadowsocks is more suitable for low end devices which do not have a very powerful hardware. Usually the applications require up-to-date hardware and for this reason you will find most of the applications going incompatible with the low end devices. But with Shadowsocks, you won’t face any such issues at all. Shadowsocks can be used on a computer as well and here’s a guide on that.
Shadowsocks for PC can be used on a PC running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X. An Android emulator will make it easy for users to run Shadowsocks for PC. Get one from the likes of BlueStacks, BlueStacks 2, Andy OS or Remix OS Player. Follow the easy steps listed next to start using Shadowsocks for PC right now.
Download Shadowsocks for PC (Windows and Mac)
- Download your desired Android emulator from here: BlueStacks | BlueStacks 2 | Remix OS | Andy OS
- Assuming that you’ve downloaded BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 emulator, head towards the next steps.
- Open the newly installed BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 emulator on your Windows or Mac PC.
- Now click on “Search” for BlueStacks, for BlueStacks 2 you will click on “Android tab > Search“.
- Type “Shadowsocks” and search it using Google Play Store.
- As soon as Shadowsocks appears in the Play Store, click it and install it.
- Once installed, it will appear under All Apps, for BlueStacks 2 it will appear under Android tab > All Apps.
- Click on the newly installed app or game to open it. Follow the on-screen instructions and keyboard settings to use or play it now. That’s all.
Download Shadowsocks for PC using APK
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed an Android emulator like BlueStacks on your PC.
- Download the Shadowsocks APK file on your computer.
- Double click the downloaded APK file and BlueStacks will automatically start installing it.
- For BlueStacks 2, you can also click the APK button in the middle of the toolbar on the left side > locate the APK file and select it to install it.
- Once installed, follow the instructions in step 7-8 in the above method to start using it.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Fix Super Mario Run Issues on Android and iOS - March 25, 2017
- Bravely Default Fairy’s Effect for PC [Windows and Mac] - March 24, 2017
- Download ArcheAge Begins for PC on Windows and Mac - March 24, 2017